The lice are small animals but cause irritation because they suck blood on the skin of the head. How not, the small lice crawl on the head and crawl in your hair and suck blood on your scalp. This is a dirty little animal, but living in the head, of course, you feel disgusted and lost confidence. Especially, if the lice fall into the clothes and are seen by your friends. This condition makes you look for solutions through various chemicals to destroy head lice. Quiet! You don’t have to bother looking for lice drugs on the market because there are natural ingredients that are healthier and safer to use, this is coconut oil. However, more important is this natural ingredient is very effective at removing head lice.
Ok, before we see how to coconut oil for lice treatment, let’s first see why someone has contracted lice, where do the lice come from so that your hair is exposed to lice?
Causes of Lice in Your Hair
We know that head lice are very bad parasites. Formally, this lice is known as pediculosis. So-called because the scientific name is Pediculus humanus capitis.
If you want to know the reason why you have lice in your hair? The answer is very easy, this is because you have come into contact with people who are lousy. For example, you sleep with people who have fleas or lice, sit side by side, or hug them. So, many lice occur in children because they often play together, close to each other.
Another factor that can cause a person to contract head lice is sharing clothes such as hats, scarves, and others including clothes that are used on the head.
In addition, the things that cause a person’s hair lice to move to your head are sharing equipment such as combs, towels, brushes, and various hair accessories with those who have head lice.
The next cause of lice is lying on a bed, pillow, or sofa that has been used by those who have lice, usually within 48 hours.
Well, what if you are an adult but have a lot of fleas. This is really very embarrassing, isn’t it! Even though hair lice are not a sign of your poor hygiene, this is very embarrassing if it happens to you. So, immediately removing head lice or eradicating head lice is what you should do. A simple and effective way to get rid of head lice is to use coconut oil. Want to know why coconut oil? Read on this article completely.
Why You Use Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Lice?
If you often read health sites like thealthbenefitsof.com. Of course, you will know how to use coconut oil. Indeed, this oil seems old-fashioned but holds many benefits from cleaning your teeth, taking care of your hair or cleaning your makeup brush. It’s amazing, read on …
Based on data from research on coconut oil, it was found that coconut oil mixed with several other types of oil provides great benefits for getting rid of head lice. A study carried out in Israel is to interfere with coconut oil with anise, and ylang-ylang is very effective for binding head lice. Besides being effective, this mixture is also free of side effects so it is safe to use.
While research conducted in the UK concluded that fennel oil and coconut oil that sprayed on hair were more effective in treating lice than using permethrin solution.
How does coconut oil work? If this comes to your mind, let’s continue reading the article on how to get rid of these head lice.
There are at least three (3) reasons why coconut oil can kill fleas. One of them is the thick nature possessed by coconut oil to make the lice suffocate and sometime later causes death in the lice.
Second, the thick nature of coconut oil causes it to be difficult to move fleas from other places so that the spread stops and cannot move from one person to another. Third, coconut oil effectively eradicates lice because it contains capric acid, lauric acid, and caprylic acid. These three types of substances make hair become slippery so that lice are difficult to catch hair. From the other side, this makes it easy for you to catch fleas by combing your hair using a tight-toothed comb.
Another important reason to note is its nature. Coconut oil is a natural medicine that is very good at treating various health problems without side effects. Unlike drug stores or chemical drugs, chemical drugs besides providing side effects such as hair loss can also cause new problems such as nausea, and blurred eyes if swallowed.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Lice Treatment
Actually, coconut oil can eliminate fleas without the need to mix with other ingredients. However, to increase effectiveness, you can interfere with coconut oil with some natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and others.
1. Using coconut oil
Coconut oil is very easy to remove fleas, without interfering with other ingredients can also get rid of fleas. Note how to use it
How to Use:
- Apply coconut oil throughout your scalp, then gently massage for a while.
- Wrap your head in a towel, and let it sit for a few hours
- Open the towel, and comb the hair using a nit comb
- Finally, wash your hair as usual using shampoo and conditioner.
2. A mixture of coconut oil with apple cider vinegar
The combination of coconut oil with apple cider vinegar creates natural efficacy in getting rid of fleas in your hair. The benefits of apple cider vinegar are dissolving the glue released by the lice to stick to the hair shaft. Note how to make the following ingredients.
How To Use
- Mix coconut oil with apple cider vinegar with the same comparison.
- Then, apply this mixture to the scalp evenly (prepare enough mixture for hair and head)
- Gently massage the hair and scalp.
- Use a shower cap and let stand for 15 minutes, you can wrap the head with a towel as in the first method.
- Open the head cover, and comb the flea with a nit comb
- Rinse the head with shampoo and conditioner.
3. The mixture of coconut oil, lemon juice, and green tea oil
This is a combination of three types of natural ingredients to get rid of fleas. This three-ingredient blend of powerful sanitary kills fleas on your scalp and hair. Coconut oil makes the ticks unable to move, lemon juice creates a dangerous environment for lice and green tea is useful to neutralize the hardness of lemon juice so that your scalp doesn’t itch.
How To Use
- Mix these three ingredients with the same ratio of one tablespoon.
- Apply this mixture to the hair and massage slowly.
- Use a shower cap and leave it for one hour
- Then, comb your hair using a nit comb,
- Next, wash your hair evenly using shampoo.
4. Coconut oil with tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is one of the natural ingredients that are very good at destroying fleas. It acts as an anti-bacterial and insecticide. So, the mixture of these two ingredients is very miraculous to kill fleas in the hair. See how to make the following concoctions.
Also read: How to Get Gum Out from Clothes
How To Use
- Mix 2 teaspoons of coconut oil with 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Use this mixture on the entire scalp and hair, massage slowly.
- Use a shower cap and leave it overnight
- The next day dry the hair in a shower cap to turn off fleas
- Open the hat and wash your hair using shampoo and conditioner.
- Clean the hair by combing with a nit comb.
5. A mixture of coconut oil and garlic
Garlic is a spice in the kitchen that always gives taste to the cuisine. However, you can also use garlic to get rid of lice, especially when mixed with coconut oil.
How To Use
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil mix with 1 tablespoon of garlic liquid.
- Use this mixture on all of your scalps and gently massage
- Then cover the head with a shower cap and let it sit for one to two hours.
- Then, remove the shower cap and comb the hair using a nit comb.
- The next step is to rinse the hair evenly using shampoo and conditioner.