Cranberries are one of the fruits with benefits for UTIs and other. Maybe you want to get benefit from this fruit but don’t like to eat it. Now, there is no reason not to consume it, you can consume it in the form of juice. On this occasion, we will explain how to make cranberry juice that is rich in benefits.
This fruit is rich in vitamin C, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Cranberry fruit is very good for increasing body immunity and repair damaged tissue.
How to Make Naturally Sweetened Cranberry Juice
Naturally, the fact of cranberries is rather acidic, which is why many people don’t like to eat directly.
If you buy cranberry juice at the store, they will add a lot of sugar to get rid of acid and bitter. There are also those who collaborate with apples and white grapes to disguise their bitter and sour taste.
But if you make cranberry juice from home, you can add sugar as you like. So, it’s healthier to consume than to make juice by giving a lot of sugar.
If you like honey, it’s better to add honey as a natural sweetener. Besides that, honey also holds many health benefits. But if you add honey, pay attention to the temperature. Honey tends to lose its benefits at high temperatures. So, only add honey if your drink is not hot or at a temperature below 95 F.
How to Make Cranberry Juice
Want to learn how to cranberry juice, this is very easy, let’s see:
First, boil the cranberries with a little water to cover them and remove the juice. If the cranberry is soft, you can blend it using an immersion blender or standard blender. However, if you use a standard blender you have to wait for the cranberry to cool slightly so it doesn’t cause heat in the blender which can finally fly your blender lid.
To make juice free from pulp, you can filter it using a soft juice filter. Filtering like this can also improve the taste from bitter.
If it’s blended, it’s time to add sweeteners to cranberry juice. If your cranberries are bitter, you can add as much as 1/4 cup of honey. In the below recipe for cranberry juice, I use 1/4 cup of sweetener. So, taste problems are a personal problem, you can add sweeteners to your taste.
When everything is finished, now we try to add water to the juice to make it runnier, you can add 4 cups to give good cranberry juice.
If you have thinned your juice, now is the time to taste it, whether it suits to your taste or not.
How to Store and Using Your Juice
The juice we make can be stored for a long time. You can store it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Long time no!
If you want to save longer, you can freeze it in the refrigerator, need to note that the refrigerator does not turn off because it can change the taste of your juice and is not good for eating.
This is natural juice, we only use honey as a sweetener. Even better if you use it in smoothies, mixed with other juices or with cocktails. Below, we see the steps to make cranberry juice.
Step by Step Making Cranberry Juice from Home
- 12 ounces of cranberries, fresh or frozen (fresh is better)
- Five cups of water, divided
- ¼ – 1/2 pure honey. You can use your favorite sweetener (we use honey)
- Cranberry is put into a medium pan, add one glass of water.
- Bring the cranberries to a boil in a pan and reduce the heat to “medium”.
- Remove the pan and cranberry blender using an immersion blender. If you use a standard blender, wait until the cranberries are not cold. Blend until smooth.
- Then, strain the blender using a fine filter. This is to get rid of rough from cranberries.
- Let stand for a while until the mixture cools below 95 ° F.
- Add honey as you like, it can be 1/4 or 1/2 cup.
- Next, add the remaining 4 cups of water
- Now taste your juice, if it’s not sweet, please add a sweetener to taste.
- The juice is ready to drink, or stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
You can freeze this juice as juice has been made. Can also freeze the concentrate (before adding the remaining 4 cups of water).
If frozen in the form of a concentrate, when you want to enjoy it, you just add water as desired. Good luck with natural cranberry juice